POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : StarChild (stereo rendering and photo composite) : Re: StarChild (stereo rendering and photo composite) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: StarChild (stereo rendering and photo composite)
From: omniVERSE
Date: 18 Jan 2000 01:28:04
Message: <388407f4@news.povray.org>
"Ross Litscher" <lit### [at] osuedu> wrote in message
> i don't understand how these are supposed to work. or rather, how I am
> supposed to look at them.

Crossing your eyes and letting each eye center on the opposite image, your left
eye looks at the right image and right eye looks at the left image.
I prefer the divergence method instead: http://members.aol.com/wrld0rigin/3D.htm
and try to explain how to do that there and you could even look through a paper
rolled up from both ends into a sort of binocular.  Try that with crossed eyes!
:-) Can't be done.
And to see this particular image and others like it in this way instead you need
to rearrange the pair to the opposite sides first.
Hey, I'm not back to complain, just pointing out the facts...

 8-D

Bob